URGENT EYE CARE
Our optometrists are able to provide services and treatments for many eye infections, eye injuries and other eye urgencies. We accommodate for same-day appointments so you don't have to wait at a walk-in clinic or emergency room. We have equipment to evaluate the eyes under our microscopes and specialized dyes. Due to our proximity to Vancouver General Hospital, should the urgency require surgical care, we are able to make same-day referrals to nearby ophthalmologists.
- Eye infections ("pink eye")
- Scratched eyes
- Sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes
- Lost or broken contact lenses or eyeglasses
- Flashes of light in the vision
- Sudden “Floaters” in the vision
- Red or painful eyes
- Dislodged contact lenses
- Uncomfortable, itchy, or irritated eyes
For BC residents, MSP pays towards urgent eye care with a valid BC care card. Any remaining co-pay may be claimed through your extended health coverage.